Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Canadian Genealogy Carnival - 1st Edition

Welcome to the September 24, 2008 edition of Canadian Genealogy Carnival. Nine genea-bloggers participated in this 1st edition. Introduce us to your Canadian ancestors. Who were they? How did they get here? Where did they live? Did they move? Do you still have family in Canada? Share with us a bit about your Canadian roots.


So, without further adieu, let's meet them.


Sue Edminster presents Introducing...My Canadian Ancestors posted at Echo Hill Ancestors Weblog. She says her Canadian born grandfather was directly responsible for her interest in genealogy and family history. Be sure to visit and find out why.


Brenda K. Wolfram Moore presents Pennsylvanians Move Out~ to Ontario posted at HomeTown Edition - Beck, Keffer, Kratochvil, Moore, Puterbaugh, Secor, describes the route her children's paternal ancestors travelled to come to Canada.


Jessica Oswalt presents The Wives of the Two Henrys ... posted at Jessica's Genejournal, saying, "As far as I know, I do not have Canadian ancestors, but I did write about the connections a couple of my ancestors' brother's wives had with Canada."



Colleen M. Johnson presents Seeds Fell In Canada posted at cmjoffice.com Blog, saying, "A few seeds fell from my family tree onto Canadian soil."



Janet Iles of Janet the researcher doesn't really say "eh". Find out what she has to say about her Canadian roots as she presents My Ancestors were Canadian eh!


Apple presents Canadian Roots posted at Apple's Tree, saying, "My paternal roots are in Ontario and Quebec. I haven't spent much time looking at my Canadian ancestors since my father's death in 2000. Hopefully the Carnival will inspire me to dig a little deeper." I hope you will continue to dig, too, Apple.



Miriam Robbins Midkiff of AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors has lots of Canadian ancestors. In fact she has so many she decided to present us with a series of three posts: Miriam's Got Canadians - Part I. According to Miriam "Part I is my Dad's father's Canadian roots."
"Here is Part Two!" Miriam's Got Canadians - Part II
Part Three highlights Miriam's husband's Canadian ancestry at Norm's Got Canadians.



M. Diane Rogers presents Canadian Genealogy Carnival - My Canadian Families posted at CanadaGenealogy, or, 'Jane's Your Aunt'. Diane has some strong Canadian roots. Thanks for sharing them with us, Diane.



To wrap things up, you can find my entry for the carnival at Dig My Canadian Roots.


That concludes this 1st edition of the CGC. Did you notice it was all women who participated in this edition? Hopefully, the guys will join us next time, eh! Thanks for joining us.



Call for Submissions! The topic for the next edition of the CGC is "My Famous Canadian Ancestor". Was your ancestor a famous Canadian hockey player, actor or politician? Tell us about famous Canadians in your family. Don't have a famous Canadian ancestor in your family tree? Not to worry; choose a famous Canadian you admire and share why you would like to have this person as your ancestor.


Deadline for submissions is December 7, 2008.



Submit your blog article to the next edition of canadian genealogy carnival using our
carnival submission form.
Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.



Technorati tags:
, .