Saturday, September 20, 2008

Getting to Know Me, Getting to Know LOOKING4ANCESTORS

I am Kathryn Lake Hogan UE, wife, mom and family history fanatic. I have been researching my family lines for the past ten years, and husband's for the past four years. The reason I started delving into my family history was and is my children. I want them to know where they came from. While in the process of doing this, I became addicted!
I am currently pursuing my Professional Learning Certificate in Genealogical Studies. I am studying English and Canadian records. I hope to be finished the English stream by this time next year.
I volunteer a lot. I volunteer at my children's school. I am the webmaster and newsletter editor for my local branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society. I am the branch genealogist for my local branch of the United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada.
I enjoy family history so much, I speak about it at conferences, workshops and local society meetings.

The reason I started this blog was actually for a lecture I was giving about blogs and social networking. I figured I had better do this if I was going to talk about it in front of a room full of people. Once I started blogging, I couldn't stop.

LOOKING4ANCESTORS is my brand name. It is the name I hope people will associate with me. The purpose of LOOKING4ANCESTORS blog is to share my family history with others, meet new people who share the same passion for family history as me, and to, hopefully, meet new family members, which I have. I use my blog as a venue to teach about family history methodology and hope that others will gain from my sharing this knowledge. Plus, it's a lot of fun!

In order to get a feel of what LOOKING4ANCESTORS blog is about, I invite you to read the following:

My Best: Joseph Brinely George, 1894-1986, Part One
I think this is my best work because of the detail and research I have completed in learning about my grandfather's life.

My Breeziest: The Disease of Distraction
I had a blast with this post - fun, fun, fun.

My Most Beautiful: She Was One Smart Cookie!
This post is about my mom.

Finally, I hope you, as a reader of LOOKING4ANCESTORS, or as a friend on facebook, will comment, or write on my wall to say "hi". I'm not into sending and receiving plants, karma and all that sort of thing. I like the more personal approach of writing you a message and hope you would do the same. I have lots of ideas for future posts. I hope you will visit again or better yet, become a regular reader.